11.29.2006

AHHH It's SO SO COLD here!!

It's cold in Calgary...did I say it's cold?? Well what I really meant to say is that it's REALLY REALLY COLD in Calgary! Though I have my moments of happiness for being home, I long to be back in beautiful, warm, green, WARM Barbados! I LOVE Calgary...but my body was not yet ready to leave Barbados. But I am here and there is no way to rewind and refuse to get on the airplane leaving Barbados. I am happy to be back with my mom and my friends(those that were not with me), as well as my church.
Barbados taught me to appreciate the things I have, I realize now that I have all I need. All of my needs are supplied, why should I want more? My flesh is weak and though I shouldn't want more, I often times do. I need to learn to be content! I need to remember to thank God daily for the life He has given me, and the needs He supplies.
So here it goes, my list for today;

I thank God for:
His love, grace, mercy, forgiveness and kindness towards me each and everyday
The clean air I breath
The food I have
Clean water to drink
The house I live in
The church building (with bathrooms!)
My youth group that knows how to have fun and yet when there is a need and it's time to pray, they do the deed willingly
My Pastor who loves me
His wife who cares
My Youth Pastor who understands
A church family I can turn too in times of need
My family who loves me through it all
My friends, they keep me grounded

A beautiful and clean city to live in

The list is not complete...but I could never complete it...it would take too long.

I hope to soon get some pictures up of Barbados...but I wouldn't hold your breath because it may never happen knowing me...haha

Adios!

4 comments:

bRuce bRuce said...

We need to do another missions trip right after Youth Conf and maybe we can get to stay there until spring lol.

EstherH said...

YES!! I'm all for it!!! haha As long as it's not Alaska or something!

V said...

Whoa wait up! I'm coming with ya'll!

MissionsAngel said...

Just make another trip to California! =) HI Ester dear! I didnt know you had a blog!!!!!! Love you like craziness!! =)