10.11.2007


STONE(stōn):
Concreted earthy or mineral matter; rock.
Such concreted matter of a particular type. Often used in combination: sandstone; soapstone.
A piece of rock that is used in construction: a coping stone; a paving stone.
A gravestone or tombstone.
A grindstone, millstone, or whetstone.
A milestone or boundary.
A small piece of rock.
Rock or a piece of rock shaped or finished for a particular purpose, especially:
A piece of rock that is used in construction: a coping stone; a paving stone.
A gravestone or tombstone.
A grindstone, millstone, or whetstone.
A milestone or boundary.
(www.dictionary.com)

[LUKE 19:40]
And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.


A stone; A material with no life, no sorrow, no pain, no joy, and no love. Why should we think anything great of this stone? Besides being used to build buildings and such things, it does not have any useful human traits. How many times do you kick aside the stones on the ground? If you were asked to name the tops 10 most important things in the world, you would never say the stone. What do I mean by all of this? All I'm trying to say is that we never think about the stone, and when we do it is never in reverence. But though we may not think much of these stones, God; King of all kings, Lord of all lords, our Master and Saviour Jesus Christ, He does, in fact He says that if we as humans can be so stupid as to stop praising Him, the stones would cry out to God in our place!!!
To think....A mere stone could praise and worship God in our place. This thing with no life, this thing with no human traits...WORSHIPING!?? It's sickining to think that if I stop worshiping, a stone will cry out in my place. We must never let ourselves stray away from true worship!

4 comments:

EstherH said...

I have inadequately written this. It does not portray my thoughts and feelings the way I wanted it to. But I hope you understand the gist of it.

YPMARK....Peter? said...

You are a true worshipper Easter Bunny! Keep goin...deeper...higher...farther...closer!

No Name...rePeter. said...

Esther I think you aritculated your thought quite well. Good post!

I'm extra happy about the dictionary.com inclusion. That's my favorite site. On a typical day I spend 3-7 hours browsing it.

EstherH said...

Thanks Mark, I learned from watching you!

Luke, I love dictionary.com!!!! Haha, I actually get their word of the day sent to my email everyday. I'm such a geek!