2.29.2008

02/19/08

kneel down to pray

no words come to say

try the good ol love You Lord

only so many times can you adore

wonderin what to say so unsure

need so deeply to be heard

cant find the way out of this mess

how can it be undone

how can it turn around

from the heart comes a cry

so deep

so rough

so loud

help

please help

the tears flow

the body shakes

but what is left when the cry is gone

a mind still so unsure

a heart still aching

lost

so lost

where is the way out

is it a drunken night

a doped up mind

a pleasurable fling

no

no its not

though the flesh desires it

its prayer

its love from on high

but how is this found

when words do not flow

when all thats there is the normal

hey Lord

love Ya God

hallelu

and its done

its over

its finished

what more can be said

with a heart so confused

it seemed so right before

all things were sure

but life happens

caught in the wind

twirled around to the music

got lost amidst it

music of life

cares of the world

too many bills

too much debt

where to live

how to eat

why this and why that

who loves you

who doesnt

it wasnt supposed to happen

why did it go wrong

why cant it turn around

straight

go straight

remember what is says

straight and narrow is the way

the heart knows

how can you go

eyes are blinded

the mess to much

to thick

to tangled

hear a voice

please my child

come to me

so far

too far it seems

why

WHY

why must You be so far

cannot reach You

cannot see You

felt You the other day

You brushed past

reached out

called out

but it wasnt enough

it wasnt Your fault

it was mine

got tired

weary

laid down to rest

wasnt trying my best

please

dont let it be the last chance

once more will You please

try again

dont give up

please

trying to keep my head up

dont want to miss You again

so sorry my words fail me

so sorry

it hurts so much to kneel down to pray

and have nothing to say

my plea is to You

draw near

touch me so

need Your love

please take control

cant do it on my own

slowly dying without You near

wont You reach out and touch me

just once more

4 comments:

V said...

wow. i love this Ed.

j.elle said...

Esther,
I am reading this through blurry vision...the tears just seem to flow. I know exactly how the person is feeling. I'm there right now...
Love you love you love you!

EstherH said...

Thanks Virg, I love you.


Jael, believe me I understand how your feeling, because the person is me!!!! I don't understand why it happens, but it will pass. Feb 19, I couldn't understand how I was feeling and why but I made myself sit down and just write it out and this is what I wrote. It was for me more than anything, it made me face the truth of it all. But last Tuesday I broke through some of it, I'm still trying to rid myself of some of it but it will take time. It's a fight for sure. But you can make and I can make it!! Because God loves us no matter what! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE you!

Unknown said...

Very raw and very true. Thank you.