12.06.2007

....


Ever feel melancholy? Feel like your tied up in a big claustrophobic knot? Don't know what to do? Yeah that's the kind of week I've been having.... You feel like nothing is right... Your job sucks, you miss the bus or your car doesn't start, it's too cold outside yet too hot inside, your clothes don't fit right, you don't have enough time to do everything, your hair doesn't work, your bored to death but you have no idea what would make it better, you've read every book you own, nothing is satisfactory, you have an ache in your body but have no idea where or what caused it, you feel tired yet you can't sleep, you try to laugh but you always end up somber again... You feel like you need to pray like... yet when you go to pray you just don't know what to say, you don't have the energy, the strength to make your prayer work. You try to read the Bible but your mind just wanders... You have no idea whats wrong with you, you don't know what caused it. You wish you could cry but there is nothing to cry about, you try to think of lovely thoughts but you can't find them...

Then you remember, something seeps through your melancholy haze, you remember God's love... you remember His sacrifice, all because He LOVES us. You remember that He is all knowing, ever present in the time of need, He knows our need, He knows our pains and sorrows... With God you don't need words, God doesn't need your energy, God understands that sometimes we have no strength, that sometimes we don't have anything to say. God is our best friend, He's like the friend that can sit on the phone with you and you don't need to say anything, just to feel His presence is all we need. When we have no strength , He's our strength, He's the one who will pick us up and carry us through our day, He coaches us with gentle reminds of His love, of His presence. He's always there, so just sit back, bask in His love, take comfort in the stillness, in His gentle reminder that He's there even when nothing or no one else is.

So if your feeling melancholy, try to take a moment, in the midst of the craziness of life, just to sit still and think on His love, to clear your mind of all else but Him for just a moments time. Just bask in His love, let it flood your soul. I assure you, you will find the strength to make it through your day, even if just barely.

11 comments:

MissionsAngel said...

so true so true

V said...

Pump's that was beautiful. =) I love you girl.

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

One thing I try to remind myself of, at times like this is that I am never alone. When I feel lonely, and like I am in a void and that there is something missing, I must remind myself, I am not alone, He is always with me in spite of my imperfections. At these times, God can work on us and bring us to the place where he can lead us into the ministry He has for our life. we are each unique individuals with experiences unique to us. When they are all rolled together, they make us who and what we are and fit us for things that others would not be able to accomnplish or even understand. We all have a purpose.
I know this is a ibt of a jumble, but just remember,
You are never alone, you have a friend that sticks closer than a brother. He loves you with the unconditional love of the Father that He is.
Love you ,Esther.

EstherH said...

Angel and Vren I love you guys too much!!!
Sis. Tina, Thank you so much, It's all so true... At times hard to remember but true none the less. Thank you I really needed it and it wasn't a bunch of jumble it totally made sense! I love you too!!

Drea said...

Esther I love your post everything you said is so true! I needed that thanks.

love you girl!

EstherH said...

Thanks Drea, I love you too hun!

j.elle said...

Esther,
I read your post and got goosebumps. That was awesome! Thanks for the reminder!

There is no love like His love...no touch like His touch...no one can fill that void inside us like He can.

Love you so much!

EstherH said...

So true Jael so true! Thanks love for commenting, I'm glad it did you some good. It was one of those times that I got it while I was writing it... Like I had to write it out to understand it. Strange how that happens. His love is the BEST thing out there!!!
Love you girl!

Paint Can said...

Esther,

That was very cool.
Awesome post!

MERBEAR said...

Ester,
That spoke to me in a big way. Thank you, thank you. So very well expressed!!!
I love you and I love your spirit Ester. You are special to me, I love your kind ways.
Thank you my little friend.

merrilyjames.blogspot.com

EstherH said...

Paint can!!!! Thanks! Miss you and the girls like crazy! Thanks for commenting.

Merrily, Thanks for that. I love you too!! Very much!